Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics is a completely revamped, state of the art laboratory offering a full menu of culture-based tests for bacteria, fungi, and mycobacteria, coupled with rapid tests for selected pathogens. The laboratory features:
- Automated specimen plating
- Multiple read times spread through two shifts
- Multiplex assays for suites of pathogens
- A BSL level 3 laboratory for mycology and mycobacteriology
- Molecular assays for rapid identification of viral, bacterial, and fungal organisms
The laboratory is guided by a Ph.D. clinical microbiologist and a the expertise of a strong technical staff directed by a masters degree level manager. As the field moves into molecular based assays, the laboratory is positioned to provide even more rapid test results to caregivers.